I understand you don’t want to hear any more about Tiger Woods, but I’d be withholding from my readers if I didn’t acknowledge what’s on my mind, and in fact what I’ve discussed with a handful of you. My brother said it best, “It’s a complete loss of innocence.” I know I’m kind of a dreamer, even an old-school guy when it comes to this stuff. I’d even say I’m in denial about pro sports these days. Here’s a few of the stories that disappointed:
- Kobe Bryant and that girl in Colorado
- MJ divorced Juanita after stories of his “women”
- Brett and his divorce with Packers – he should never have to wear purple, it’s just not right
- Alex Rodriquez and Barry Bond – two of the greatest players ever – steroids
- Tiger Woods – the most recognizable athlete in the world, on voicemail trying to dodge his wife
I’m not going to write extensively on this, but as a huge sports fan who understands the importance of positive role models in society, I can’t begin to explain my disappointment. Nothing is pure. I know that. I just really want a good story from one of these great athletes. Looks like my last hope is Tim Tebow.